Living in a residence hall is a slice of the college experience that you will remember for the rest of your life…no matter where you live on campus. With our residence halls and learning communities, we offer a variety of coed living options and room types to accommodate various interests of students. Students with completed contracts can begin submitting their University Residence Hall preferences in My UW Housing.
Helpful Tips for Submitting Your Hall Preferences
The following tips can be useful as you rank your hall preferences in My UW Housing:
- Two students wishing to become roommates must list their hall preferences in the exact same order and preference one another in My UW Housing.
- Students interested in living in a learning community should prioritize learning communities over residence halls when submitting hall preferences in My UW Housing
- Rates and room types vary throughout the residence halls. Students interested in a particular room type should list all of the buildings with that particular room type at the top of their preference list.
- Single rooms for freshman students are primarily available in Adams and Tripp. Students interested in a single room should preference these halls at the top of their list.
Items to note:
- University Housing cannot guarantee placement in a particular building or room type.
- University Housing hall assignments are not made on a first-come, first-serve basis due to multiple admissions decision releases at UW-Madison.
- University Housing does not discriminate in assignments on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, national origin, or ancestry.
Contracts for freshmen and transfers will require a $50 non-refundable contract fee in addition to a $250 advance payment that is paid when the contract is signed. Review the cancellation policy in our contract that specifies what must be met to qualify for a cancellation and details of the forfeiture schedule, if applicable. Your final Housing bill will be reduced by the advance payment you have made.