This Year’s Challenge Has Ended
Check back in fall 2019 for more information on next year’s 100-Hour Challenge!
This is a contest that challenges your inventiveness, resourcefulness, and creativity! Create and pitch a valuable, innovative or socially beneficial product or service using materials from UW SWAP (Surplus with a Purpose). Think like an entrepreneur and keep in mind the three elements of entrepreneurship: having an idea, taking action and creating value. To succeed in this Challenge, test assumptions, seize opportunities and be creative. To participate:
- Attend the SWAP Item Pick Up at the Makerspace in the 2nd floor of Wendt Commons (next to Union South) to select pieces to be repurposed into your creation
- Work alone or with a team to build and document your working prototype…have fun and be creative!
- Submit and pitch your creation by posting a video or photo series to a public website (here are some video submissions from previous years)
The contest is administered by the StartUp Learning Community at UW-Madison and is open to all currently enrolled UW-Madison students.
- Most Potential Revenue Value: Smokelet
- Most Potential Social Value: Port Spring
- Most Creative: Talk to Me Teddy
- Most Potential Revenue Value: Safe Bracelet
- Most Potential Social Value: Portable Refugee Tent
- Most Creative: The Hot Seat The Hot Seat