Put your creativeness to the test in this accessible-to-all innovation contest. You could win $1,200 in cash prizes in one weekend!
Create and pitch a valuable, innovative or socially beneficial product or service using materials you can find in your dorm room, home or apartment. Think like an entrepreneur and keep in mind the three elements of entrepreneurship: having an idea, taking action and creating value. To succeed in this Challenge, you should test assumptions, seize opportunities and be creative. The contest is administered by the StartUp Learning Community at UW-Madison and is open to all currently enrolled UW-Madison students.
If you have any questions at any point either before or during the contest, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it Works
- View the approved items list here starting the morning of November 10 at 9 a.m. Register for the contest and send a photo of your “materials” before you begin creating.
- Work alone or with a team to build and document your working prototype…have fun and be creative!
- Submit and pitch your creation by posting a video or photo series/presentation to a public website (here are some video submissions from previous years)
- Winners will be selected in three categories: Most Potential Revenue Value, Most Creative, and Most Potential Social Value.
- November 10: view the list of approved items
- November 14: submit your video/photo gallery of your prototype by 1 p.m.
If you still have questions after consulting the contest rules and technical requirements, please contact the StartUp Learning Community Program Coordinator, Sari Judge, or call 608-332-3941.
- Most Potential Social Value: Space HX
- Most Potential Revenue Value: Learning Box
- Most Creative: WorkBuddy
- Most Potential Social Value: Sleep Helmet
- Most Potential Revenue Value: Cleaner Enclosure
- Most Creative: Infrared Sticky Band
- Most Potential Social Value: Black Out Buddy
- Most Potential Revenue Value: Safety Water Bottle
- Most Creative: Party Piñata
- Most Potential Revenue Value: HydroSpine
- Most Potential Social Value: Sustainable Parking Garage
- Most Creative: Solar Buzz Pop Socket
- Most Potential Revenue Value: Smokelet
- Most Potential Social Value: Port Spring
- Most Creative: Talk to Me Teddy