Health and Wellness are the core of your student success at UW-Madison. No matter if you need nutrition advice or have an emergency, there are always resources to assist you.
Health and Wellness
Leading a healthy lifestyle can help you resist minor illness, promote your productivity and boost your academic success. The first step involves understanding your dietary and nutritional needs and including exercise in your daily routine. To assist you in your pursuit of a well-balanced lifestyle, University of Wisconsin-Madison offers fitness programs, nutrition support and counseling. If a more careful attention is needed, University Health Services also provides support around topics ranging from a general cold or minor injury to emergency health services and substance abuse.
- University Health Services – Provides students with many free or reduced health services
- Influenza Information – Flu Information and Prevention for students
- University Recreation & Wellbeing
- Nutrition page in Dining
- UHS Wellness Resources
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Health Equity
Emotional and Mental Wellness
We understand that mental, intellectual and emotional health is crucial for a balanced college experience. The UW-Madison offers a variety of group and individual counseling sessions, positive psychology programs, stress and sleep management programs and more to ensure every student’s positive experience on campus.
- Center for Healthy Minds
- UHS Counseling Services– Offers counseling services for students to get help with relationships, substance abuse, mental health and general personal problems
You may find more specialized healthcare services on campus related to a number of medical related topics. UHS Sexual Health Clinic provides screening, diagnosis and treatment of most Sexually Transmitted Diseases. You may also find counseling on STI spread prevention, HIV infection, emergency contraception and sexual assault.
- UHS Sexual Health Clinic – Provides free screening and low-cost treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- HIV Post-Exposure Prevention – Emergency care for those at high risk of becoming infected with HIV or other sexually transmitted infections.
Visit University Health Services to schedule an appointment with a healthcare professional and find out more about health services on campus.