Conveniently located laundry facilities provide high efficiency washing machines operated by a debit account on your Wiscard (the official UW-Madison photo ID). Dryers in residence halls can be used free of charge.
Laundry Alert is a system that gives you the ability to ‘visit’ your laundry room without even leaving your room! Each laundry room is online so that you can see which machines are available or in use. You can also check room usage, receive email notifications when your laundry is done or when a machine is available, and send a service request email.
Laundry Alert for Android and iOS
Laundry Alert now has a mobile app for both Android and iOS. Check machine availability and receive push notifications when machines are available right on your phone. The app can be downloaded at the following locations: Android and iOS, or search “Laundry Alert” in the Play Store or iTunes App Store.
Click here to access Laundry Alert
(See flyers posted in laundry areas for password)
- Read clothing tags for care of your items.
- Do NOT use the Purex 3-in one detergent, as it clogs the water outlet strainer.
- Use “HE” (high efficiency) liquid soap. Powdered soap is not recommended.
- 1/4 cup of soap is sufficient for a load of clothes. Excessive soap causes over sudsing, and can cause machine to shut down before completion of cycle.
- Avoid overloading the machine. If you have to forcefully push clothes into the machine, that would be considered overloading.
- Please remove your laundry promptly after each wash and dry cycle, so that others may use the machines.
- Double check your pockets. Items like ink pens and electronics do not do well in laundry equipment. Small items may clog drain and/or pump.
- Do NOT dry shoes or oversized bedding in the dryers.
- University Housing is NOT responsible for damaged, stolen, or lost items in our laundry facilities.
Lazybones Door-to-Door Laundry & Dry Cleaning
University Housing works with Lazybones to offer laundry pickup/delivery service for an additional fee. Laundry bins are placed at hall desks on specific days to be picked up, laundered, and delivered the following day. Dry cleaning is also available. For more details about costs, pickup/delivery times, and how the service works, visit www.mylazybones.com.