Housing Contract for Transfers
Transfer students are offered a contract for the University Residence Halls, using the information provided to the Admissions Office. Admitted students will receive email notification from University Housing, with information to complete the online contract process.
We recommend that transfer students return a contract before May for priority consideration for their top hall choices. Transfer students who return a contract before May are allowed to select their own room and can list a preferred roommate. After early-May, rooms will still be available, but options may become more limited.
Choose your own room
- Continuing students and transfer students are given the opportunity to select their room online in My UW Housing. My UW Housing provides a link to our residence hall floor plans to assist you in selecting a room.
How does the process work?
- Return your University Residence Halls contract and deposit.
- An email will be sent to you inviting you to visit My UW Housing to select your room.
- Log into My UW Housing using your Net ID and password and select from the available rooms. Spaces are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Official confirmation of your 2018-19 assignment will come in mid-June.
Important items to note:
- If you decide not to select a room using My UW Housing, you will be part of our mass assignment process in late May and your assignment will be sent to you in mid-June.
- The My UW Housing room selection option is not available to new spring residents
Contracts for freshmen and transfers for Academic Year 2018-19 will require a $50 non-refundable contract fee in addition to a $250 deposit that is paid when the contract is signed. Review the cancellation policy in our 2018-19 contract that specifies what must be met to qualify for a cancellation and details of the forfeiture schedule, if applicable. Your fourth quarter bill will be reduced by the deposit you have made.