Welcome to University Residence Halls! Whether you’re arriving on campus for the very first time with a van full of boxes or simply planning your trip home for a break, we work to make your experience as convenient as possible. Watch this page for parking/traffic info, dining options, desk hours, check-in/out details, and more for each of the major parts of the school year. Full details are posted in the weeks prior to each period when the information becomes available.
March 14 – 22, 2020
All University Residence Halls will remain open through spring break without charge. Check bulletin boards for information regarding details specific to your residence hall. If you have questions, contact your House Fellow or Residence Life Coordinator (RLC).
Traffic will be busy around the residence halls due to spring break during move out from March 12 – 14 and during move-in from March 21 – 22. UW-Madison Transportation Services will allow 30-minute pick-up and drop-off for residents and their families in lots around the residence halls at no cost. Please be respectful during heavy traffic times and with others by limiting your pick-up/drop-off times to 30-minutes in the areas around the halls.
- Park in mobile pay stalls (meters) or unsigned stalls in lots 5, 26, 34, 35, 37, 44, 48, 57, 58, 61, 69, 106, 110, and 136 — see the campus parking map to find locations of these lots
- Vehicles left unattended for over 30-minutes are at risk of being issued a citation
- Some lots may be unavailable due to special event parking — check lot entrances for posted signs
- Parking is always prohibited in fire and bike lanes, East Campus Mall, in front of dumpsters, on sidewalks or grass areas, and in signed service/vendor, reserved, and disabled stalls (unless a valid disabled tag is displayed)
- The Sellery and Smith basketball courts will be open for 30-minute pick-up and drop-off parking from March 12 – 13 and March 21 – 22 from 8am – 9pm. Entrance and exit for the Sellery basketball courts is off Dayton Street.
- Ogg Residents are required to use the Sellery basketball court on these dates for spring break parking. Due to construction, parking on East Campus Mall between Ogg and the Nick construction site is prohibited.
- In general, all parking rules and regulations will be enforced throughout campus during spring break
House Fellows will be on duty in each residence hall and the House Fellow duty phone number is posted at entries of each residence hall.
Campus and US mail delivery will continue over spring break. Desk hours will be limited.
Outside entrances to all residence halls will be locked 24-hours a day during spring break starting at 6pm on March 15 until March 21. Your Wiscard will open the outside doors of your hall as usual. Residents remaining on campus are reminded to lock their rooms whenever they leave. Dens and lounges may be locked at various times.
Students are requested to report the presence of unauthorized persons to a staff member or the UW-Madison Police Department at 264-COPS (264-2677) immediately. This is particularly important during this period. Please be alert and do not allow non-residents or anyone unknown to you to enter the building.
Each room may have one overnight guest per room, per night. Guests must be escorted at all times and must abide by all University Housing policies as stated in the rules & expectations. You are responsible for the actions of your guests.
Maintenance and custodial staff will be available and working in all facilities during spring break. A maintenance request may be filled out if you need something.
Hours for spring break are listed below. Dining locations will resume regular semester hours on Monday, March 23.
|wdt_ID||Location||Venue||Friday, 3/13||Saturday, 3/14 - Sunday, 3/21||Sunday, 3/22|
|1||Carson's Market||7am - 6pm||Closed||12 - 8pm|
|2||Four Lakes Market||7am -6pm||Breakfast 7 - 9am, Lunch 11am - 1pm, Dinner 4 - 6pm||9am - 9pm|
|3||The Bean & Creamery||7am - 6pm||Closed||9am - 10pm|
|4||Flamingo Run||10am - 6pm||Closed||10am - 12am|
|5||Gordon Ave. Market||7am - 6pm||Closed||9am - 9pm|
|6||The Bean & Creamery||7am - 6pm||Closed||9am - 8pm|
|7||Flamingo Run||10am - 6pm||Closed||10am -12am|
|8||Late Night||Closed||Closed||5pm - 12am|
|9||Liz's Market||7am - 1:30pm||Closed||11:15am - 7pm|
|10||Late Night||Closed||Closed||7:30 - 10:30pm|
May 1 – 10, 2020
All University Residence Halls will close on Sunday, May 10 at 12pm. Additional information regarding Spring Move-Out 2020 will be published in April 2020.
August 29 and 30, 2020 (proposed)
Proposed move-in dates on August 29 and 30, 2020 are subject to change and approval. Additional information regarding Fall Move-In 2020 will be published in Summer 2020.
November 26 – 29, 2020
All University Residence Halls will remain open through November Break without charge. Additional information regarding November Break 2020 will be published in October 2020.
December 19, 2020 – January 18, 2021
All University Residence Halls will close for winter break at Noon on Saturday, December 19, 2020. Winter Break Housing is an available option during the period between the fall and spring semesters for an additional fee.
Additional information regarding winter break 2020-21 will be published in November 2020.
January 11 – 18, 2021
All University Residence Halls will open for the spring semester on January 17, 2021. Additional information regarding spring move-in 2021 will be published in February 2021.