Pippi J. & Megan K.
Cole Residence Hall
We wanted a cozy, down-to-earth vibe that made guests feel like they were walking into a mini-apartment. Being avid botany enthusiasts, we wanted to liven our space with an assortment of plants. We wanted a clean, boho aesthetic that also honored both of our individual interests and styles. The colors that best fit this vision included corals, oranges, pinks, blues, and of course greens. This artistic convergence of ideas is perhaps best exemplified in the rug that covers the entire floor, able to be exposed by the placement of our beds that creates a living space. We had so much fun accessorizing our spaces with our own personal touches that made our new place like our home away from home.Pippi J. & Megan K., Cole Residents
Adams Residence Hall
Barnard Residence Hall
Bradley Residence Hall
Emma A. & Bella P.
Chadbourne Residence Hall
Madeline W. & Elena T.
Dejope Residence Hall
Caroline V. & Louella G.
Jorns Residence Hall
Will G. & Caden M.
Kronshage Residence Hall
Laci M. & Kayla L.
Leopold Residence Hall
Layne H., Molly M., & Emily L.
Merit Residence Hall
Jenessa V. & Marissa B.
Ogg Residence Hall
Lauren B. & Rachel S.
Phillips Residence Hall
Julianna H. & E B.
Sellery Residence Hall
Smith Residence Hall
Mackenzie G., Hannah S., & Jensen W.
Sullivan Residence Hall
Tessa D. & Shalya G.
Tripp Residence Hall
Waters Residence Hall
Kaylin D. & Charlese S.
Witte Residence Hall
Allison J. & Ella G.
2023 Honorable Mentions
- If your entry adheres to the rules and eligibility, you and your roommates (if any) will receive a $3 Dining Dollars deposit on your dining plan
- Each resident of one finalist room from each residence hall will receive a $25 Dining Dollars deposit to their dining plan
- The grand prize winner(s) chosen from the finalists by Housing student employees will win a $200 Wiscard account deposit and will be announced on April 24
Rules & Eligibility
University Housing’s Best Room Contest is open to undergraduate residents* living in all residence halls.
- Late entries will be disqualified
- Pictures of your room must have enough light that your room is clearly visible from a wide angle
- A picture of you and any of your roommates must be included with one of the pictures uploaded
- Rooms will be selected as finalists by University Housing staff based on cleanliness, creativity, best use of space, and individuality
- If living in a double/triple/quad/hextuple occupancy room, ALL roommates must agree to enter the contest
- Entries that display a violation of the University Residence Halls contract or Student Housing Handbook will be disqualified
- By entering the contest, participants agree to the use of their photographs and name to be used by University Housing in electronic/print publications, social media, promotional videos, and other multimedia
- Finalists will be contacted by University Housing regarding a brief professional photoshoot in their room for judging and promotional purposes
- Social media interactions will not be factored into the selection of the grand prize-winning room
- Grand prize winners will need to complete paperwork to receive their prize and may need to report the prize on their tax forms
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or other social media; you are providing your information to the UW–Madison Division of University Housing
*Unfortunately, due to tax regulations, House Fellows and international students cannot win the $200 grand prize, but are still welcome and encouraged to enter and potentially receive a $3 or $25 Dining Dollars deposit
- Subject of “Best Room Contest”
- Up to five pictures of your room, one including a shot of you and your roommate
- Your name(s)
- The name of your residence hall
- A short paragraph explaining what inspired the design of your room