We are proud of the sense of community that thrives at University Apartments. Our Community Center is often the hub for social events and programs that bring neighbors together.
Community Center Hours
Please note that building hours and staffing are subject to change
Monday – Friday: 7:45 a.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Wednesday: 7:45 a.m. – 7:45 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Services Offered in the Community Center
- Leasing information
- Resident support services including Resident Managers
- English Language Learner classes
- Social and educational events for residents
- Recreational activities including basketball, badminton, volleyball, yoga, martial arts, field trips, and more. Recreation Assistants can be reached at UAEvents@housing.wisc.edu
- Referrals to campus and community resources and assistance
- Office of the UW Police Department Community Officer
- UW-Madison Office of Child Care and Family Resources (OCCFR)
- Practice piano sign-ups
- Goodwill bin for dropping off or picking out clothes
- After-school tutoring program
- Lactation room
Classes, Programs, & Events
Looking for something fun to do or get involved in at University Apartments? The Community Center is always buzzing with activities. Events, classes, and meetings are offered regularly in our Center based on residents’ interests and instructor/space availability. Residents are also welcome to organize their own interest groups and activities.
Have a particular interest or a skill that could be shared with the community? Contact the University Apartments Recreation Office, we are always looking for new programming and event ideas.
To learn more about what’s new in the community, check-out our monthly Newsletter.
Renting Space in the Community Center
Spaces are available to rent on an hourly basis in the evenings and on weekends by any University Apartment resident or resident organization.
The University Apartments Community Center and kitchen is available for use by University Apartments residents and resident organizations. Space is available on an hourly basis in the evenings and on weekends. Rates are based on the room type requested, number of people attending and length of stay.
Need Help Making Your Reservation?
Explore our step-by-step guide to help guide you through making your space reservation.
Rates are based on the room type, number of people attending and length of stay. A special nonrefundable surcharge of $50.00 applies to large group events of 50 people or more.
- Gymnasium (rental rate of $25 per hour)
- Kitchen (rental rate of $10 per hour)
- Three meeting rooms (rental rate of $15 per hour)
All groups must be in compliance with any University/State of Wisconsin food regulations.
Explore our Frequently Asked Questions document below. If we haven’t covered your question, please call us at 608-262-3407 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.