University of Wisconsin–Madison
Students at Memorial Union Terrace during the summer

Summer Term Housing


For information about Summer Term Housing rates, see our Billing & Rates page.

wdt_ID Session Check-In Date Check-Out Date
1 Interim Term (available to current residence hall students only) May 13 -
2 Early 4-Week Term May 20 June 16
3 3-Week Term May 27 June 16
4 1st 4-Week Term June 17 July 14
5 2nd 4-Week Term July 15 August 11
6 8-Week Term June 17 August 11

Frequently Asked Questions

Summer Term Moving-In


You must check-in at your hall desk when you arrive on campus. You should arrive at the following dates and times when checking-in for each of the below summer sessions (all inclusive nights):

Summer Session Date Time
Early 1st Four-Week Summer Term
(May 20 – June 16)
Sunday, May 20 Noon – 4:30pm
Three-Week Summer Term
(May 27 – June 16)
Sunday, May 27 Noon – 4:30pm
Eight-Week Summer Term
(June 17 – August 11)
Sunday, June 17 9am – 4:30pm
1st Four-Week Summer Term
(June 17 – July 14)
Sunday, June 17 9am – 4:30pm
2nd Four-Week Summer Term
(July 15– August 11)
Sunday, July 15 Noon – 4:30pm

Desk Information

Your hall desk will be open varying hours during the summer to provide you with information and assistance. Desk staff can provide valuable information regarding campus and local services and is generally open Monday – Saturday from 3pm – 8pm. Additional hours may be available throughout the summer.

Desk Location Address Phone #
Kronshage Residents Frank Holt Center 1650 Kronshage Drive 608-262-2226


There will be marked lots for parking and unloading during your designated move-in date and time. Please watch signs carefully. If you park/unload outside your designated date and time or in undesignated lots, you may be ticketed. No parking at any time in fire and bike lanes, no parking zones, or disabled stalls.


Residence Life Coordinator

Residence Life Coordinators are full-time professional staff members who are responsible for supervising House Fellows, promoting involvement and academic success, advising students who plan activities and events, administering disciplinary processes, assisting with problems, and coordinating liaison efforts between facilities, dining, and desk staff as well as other campus partners like the UW-Madison Police Department, University Health Services(UHS), and more.

  • Rachel Zizmann, Summer Residence Life Coordinator

House Fellows

Similar to a Resident Advisor (RA), House Fellows are student staff members with whom you’ll have the most frequent contact. They are available to help answer questions, provide resources, solve problems, enforce UW-Madison and University Housing policies, and more. Look for information about your House Fellow posted in your residence hall and in-room guide when you arrive on campus.

Housing Assignment Office

Getting Your Wiscard

All registered students at UW-Madison are entitled to a Wiscard (the official UW-Madison photo ID). Your Wiscard allows you to get a summer bus pass and to access other campus services. To get your Wiscard, you must present a form of identification (e.g. a valid driver’s license or passport). Newly admitted students may receive their initial card at no cost upon verification of enrollment by Wiscard office staff. Lost, stolen or misplaced cards will be replaced at a non-refundable cost of $25 per card.


Incoming mail will be placed in the mailboxes located at the Frank Holt Center and is accessible in the Frank Holt Center by using your room key. Packages will be available at your hall desk, but the desk cannot hold packages for you prior to your move-in date.

Computer Labs

A variety of campus computer labs (also called InfoLabs) are available near your residence hall. Windows and Mac computers are available, as are printing (color and black & white), equipment checkout, and more.

Internet & TV

ResNet Internet service is available in all rooms and residence hall common areas, including floor dens and main lounges. High-definition cable TV service with a variety of channels is also available in residence hall rooms. To connect a TV, you will need a coaxial video cable. In addition, TV can be watched on an iOS or Android device on campus by downloading the Charter U app or on a computer via the Digital Academic Television Network (DATN).

  • Note: individual student rooms are not equipped with a telephone or landline service.

How to Connect to the Internet

  1. Enable Wi-Fi on your computer or mobile device
  2. Select “ResNet Wireless” from the list of available networks
  3. Open a web browser — it will automatically redirect to a registration page
  4. Click “Start” under “Computers and Mobile Devices”
  5. Enter your campus-assigned NetID, password, and your preferred contact information at the login page

Room Furnishings

Each resident is provided a bed, mattress pad, desk, desk chair, bookshelf, dresser, and closet space. Each room is provided with a small refrigerator, window coverings, wastebaskets, and mirror. You should bring your own sheets and pillows. Mattress dimensions are 36″ x 80″.


Laundry facilities in Kronshage (in the lower levels of Conover and Showerman houses) provide high efficiency washing for $2.50/load. Simply swipe your Wiscard on the scanner in the laundry room to activate a washing machine. Deposits can be made to your Wiscard online, at the Cashier’s Office in the lower level of Slichter Residence Hall, and in the lower level dining offices in the Gordon Dining & Event Center. Dryers are available for free.


UW-Madison Transportation Services, located in the WARF building, operates all campus parking and bicycle/pedestrian services. Due to limited availability, on-campus parking is very rarely granted to students. Most students find that getting around on campus without a car is easy to do, though.


The City of Madison’s Metro Transit offers a number of free bus routes on and around the UW-Madison campus. Anyone can ride these routes without paying a fare or showing an ID. In addition, students enrolled at UW-Madison can get a free summer bus pass good for free rides on all Madison Metro bus routes, allowing you to travel throughout the metro area. These passes are available through the Associated Students of Madison (ASM) Student Print Office located in the Student Activity Center on the third floor at 333 East Campus Mall from 10:00am – 4:30pm in the summer. All you need to pick up your bus pass is your Wiscard.

  • Note: It may take a few days after you pick up your Wiscard for your records to show that you are eligible for a bus pass. You may also be delayed until the day your term begins.


Kronshage Hall has shared kitchen facilities in Chamberlin and Showerman houses that you are able to use that includes a microwave. You must bring your own cooking utensils, dishes, and silverware. Dining options are available at a variety of locations on campus when dining facilities are open.The closest Dining facility to Kronshage is Four Lakes Market located in Dejope Hall. View Summer Dining Hours here.



The UW-Madison Police Department is available during emergencies by calling 911 or 608-264-COPS (2677).


A smoke detector is located in each resident room, hallway, and common area. If the fire alarms off, please proceed to the nearest exit in an orderly fashion.


  • Do not hold open residence hall exterior doors for strangers
  • Lock your door whenever leaving your room
  • If confronted by an individual with a weapon, give up your property immediately
  • Sign-up to receive WiscAlerts to get notifications when there is an emergency situation on campus



Broken windows, locks, or other urgent situations like malfunctioning elevators should be reported to your House Fellow or hall desk immediately.


Burnt out light bulbs, window screen replacement, fixes to furniture that is otherwise not causing a hazard, or problems with insects should be reported by submitting a Maintenance Request.

Air Conditioners

All rooms in Kronshage are equipped with window air conditioning units.

Smoke-Free Facilities

Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the University Residence Halls including student rooms and public areas such as dens, hallways, and bathrooms. Smoking is also prohibited outside within 25 feet of any University Residence Hall and/or dining facility.

Pardon Our Dust

During the summer, there will be some on-going facility improvement projects. There are a number of developments taking place across campus and we appreciate your understanding and patience as these important projects are completed.


The use of hoverboards has been a recent topic at campuses nationwide, and at UW-Madison, where use of these electric scooters has been banned. Given documented safety concerns regarding riding, storage, and charging of these devices, hoverboards will not be allowed in University Residence Halls until further notice. If you own a hoverboard, please do not bring it with you to campus.