- Dejope Hall
640 Elm Drive
Madison, WI 53706
408 residents; Mixed coed floors.
Cluster-style floor plan with bathrooms shared by 10-12 residents.
Welcome to Dejope Hall
Start a New Tradition
Dejope Residence Hall, one of the Division of University Housing’s newest residence halls, opened in August 2012 in the lakeshore neighborhood near Lake Mendota and next to the UW Gymnasium-Natatorium.
Dejope is the name that the Ho-Chunk and other American Indians have called the Madison area for thousands of years, meaning "Four Lakes" in the Ho-Chunk language. Learn more about the naming of Dejope Hall here.
The 318,000 sq ft, $47.6 million residence hall features:
- Spacious double rooms in a cluster-style floor plan
- Breathtaking lake views
- Five floors, including four residential living floors
- Carpeted and air-conditioned resident rooms
- Eight marketplace dining venues in Four Lakes Market
- Convenience store
- Coffee shop & creamery
- Conference space
- Classroom space, on-site advising, Technology Learning Center (TLC), University Health Services (UHS) office
- Outdoor fire circle & terrace
- Beautiful outdoor green space on the shore of Lake Mendota