640 Elm Drive | Madison, WI 53706-1134 | Map
440 residents | Mixed coed floors | Double and triple rooms
Opened 2012 | Named after “Four Lakes” in Ho-Chunk
Having opened in 2012, Dejope Residence Hall is one of the Division of University Housing’s newest residence halls. Dejope is home to a mix of first-year and non-freshman residents, as well as the Four Lakes Market (one of six dining markets on campus), classroom space, on-site academic advising, a Technology Learning Center (TLC), and the satellite office to University Health Services (UHS). This new building features carpeted resident rooms with air conditioning and spacious walk-in closets.
Dejope is the name that the Ho-Chunk and other American Indians have called the Madison area for thousands of years, meaning “Four Lakes” in the Ho-Chunk language. The building, which is located right on the shore of Lake Mendota, also has an outdoor fire circle and terrace that you can enjoy in the fall and spring. While Dejope may appear to be on the outskirts of campus, it is actually only a short walk to many class buildings, the Natatorium (one of two recreational facilities on campus), the UW Hospital, and Camp Randall Stadium.